At MoneyGram, we are committed to helping people and businesses by providing affordable, reliable and convenient payment services. We are an international, high-performance company, located in over 190 countries and territories and trusted by consumers across the globe.
In addition to our customers, we are also committed to our employees. MoneyGram promotes an environment that is both challenging and rewarding for employees. We understand the importance of career development, and provide many opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in upholding a culture strongly rooted in our corporate values, and committed to the communities around us.
The Process Engineer will support the Business Architect by providing quantitative and financial analysis of current and proposed operating processes. They will diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using recognized best practice.
This position will support development of business processes, assist with process implementation and support post implementation evaluation of the projects.
The scope of work for the team will encompass processes spanning Customer Care, Agent Services, Product Development, Information Technology, Fraud, Money Laundering, Training and Sales amongst others.
The role will validate cost structures, operating models and technology solutions against appropriate external benchmarks such as competitor performance and industry best practise.
- Use analytical tools such as Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma to analyze and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of current/proposed business processes.
- Build compelling business cases based on the data that articulate to Executive Management the benefits of change.
- Recommend and prioritize tactical and strategic projects to deliver ongoing sustainable business improvements.
- Simulate, prototype and test proposed solutions to validate assumptions and outcomes.
- Utilize a practical approach to the application of methods such as Six Sigma/Lean.
- Complete time and motion studies (as appropriate) and makes recommendations on how to remove variance.
- Perform metrics analysis to be distributed internally on ad hoc basis as well as through standard reports
- Contribute to the development of Business intelligence and Data Mining competencies within the Business Process Imrpovement function
- Ability to translate business needs into an analytic approach that can be implemented as a practicable solution.
- Build strong internal relationships across all MoneyGram departments / leaders.
- Develop a broad and deep understanding of all MoneyGram products, services and markets
- Degree educated.
- 7+ year of experience in business/finance analysis.
- Black Belt Six Sigma certified.Knowledge of finance, accounting, valuation and metrics development; statistical analysis skills a plus.
- In-depth and hands-on experience applying process redesign methods.
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks.
- Clearly communicates complex information in an organized and concise manner.
- Demonstrated process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and/ or evaluation of business processes experience required.
- Demonstrable track record of innovation and challenging the status quo.
- Strong commercial acumen - able to identify and work with key business partners to maximize business results. Must have the ability to understand value and contribution of broad range of business processes and the associated teams.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, to deal with a wide customer set, whose skill bases and objectives may differ.
- Ability to work independently, balance priorities, accurately assess feasibility of requests, estimate size of effort, flexibility adapt to changing requirements, and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to present complex data in revealing, convenient, and logical formats.
- Self starter able to execute a program of work and deliver in a hands on' manner.
- Able to work with in a matrix reporting environment, build and maintain strong relationships with peers, stakeholders and direct reports who will largely be based remotely.
- Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas to improve processes and procedures.
- Able to work in a culturally diverse and changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word) is required
- Able to commit to and demonstrate the Corporate Values: Respect, Courage, Passion, Integrity and Teamwork.