|[Position No Longer Available]|
Dermatology Consultants is proud to be a growing and busy organization. With the addition of new physicians to our practice this summer, we are seeking qualified medical assistants and LPNs to join our practie. We are accepting applications for CMAs and Licensed Practical Nurses for full-time opportunities (32-40 hours per week) at our Woodbury Office located at 587 Bielenberg Drive, Suite 200, Woodbury, MN 55125.
The CMA/LPN functions as an assistant to the physicians to ensure efficient patient care. Responsibilities include a variety of patient care duties and other related duties in the clinic setting. Responsible for patient flow, physician assisting, instrument processing, telephone calls, phlebotomy and other clinical duties.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
1. Prepare for the day’s activities by checking schedules and preparing rooms for patient use i.e. clean, organize and stock rooms with necessary equipment and supplies
2. Assist physicians with patient care and education
3. Provide direct assistance to physician with surgical and medical procedures such as Mohs surgery, excisions, biopsies, wart treatment., etc.
4. Instrument Processing
5. Scribe for physician using EHR system
6. Lab Functions
8. Communicate effectively with patients and co-workers in-person and over the phone
1. Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification or a LPN or the ability to obtain certification within 12 months
2. Prior medical assistant experience in clinic setting
3. Demonstrated ability or experience in patient flow management, medical assisting, and confidential management of patient health information
4. Ability to use EHR system
5. Ability to provide services to patients in a warm, professional manner
6. Dermatology experience a plus