Are you looking for a career that offers the opportunity to help others? You can have the rewarding experience of making someone's day better by caring for the patients of Dermatology Consultants.
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment with tons of variety in your work? Dermatology Consultants offers the opportunity to work in the busy and exciting field of medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology.
Dermatology Consultants is accepting applications for CMAs and Licensed Practical Nurses at our newly remodeled Vadnais Heights Clinic located at 3555 Willow Lake Blvd., Suite 240, Vadnais Heights, MN 55110. We are looking for individuals to work part-time 16-32 hours per week.
The CMA/LPN functions as an assistant to the physicians to ensure efficient patient care. Responsibilities include a variety of patient care duties and other related duties in the clinic setting. Responsible for patient flow, physician assisting, instrument processing, telephone calls, phlebotomy and other clinical duties.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
- Prepare for the day’s activities by checking schedules and preparing rooms for patient use i.e. clean, organize and stock rooms with necessary equipment and supplies
- Lab functions, instrument processing, Phlebotomy
- UVA/UVB light therapy treatments and laser treatments
- Assist physicians with patient care and education
- Provide direct assistance to physician with surgical and medical procedures such as Mohs surgery, excisions, biopsies, wart treatment, etc.
- Scribe for physician using EHR system as needed
- Communicate effectively with patients and co-workers in-person and over the phone
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification or a LPN or the ability to obtain certification within 12 months
- Prior medical assistant experience in clinic setting
- Demonstrated ability or experience in patient flow management, medical assisting, and confidential management of patient health information
- Ability to use EHR system
- Ability to provide services to patients in a warm, professional manner
- Dermatology experience a plus